I probably ask about your self care time at pretty much every appointment. While your sessions with me count as self care it really is a practice that needs to be followed daily.
Making it a habit isn’t really that difficult….here are some easy tips to bring self care into your daily regime AND they take 15 minutes or less
- Snuggle with your pet, child, a warm blanket
- Go for a walk outside
- Close your eyes, for just a few minutes, and take some slow deep breaths
- Turn on some favourite music and…dance to it, sit down and just listen, fill a bathtub with water and bubbles and slip in, cook a favourite meal, bake, sing along, etc.
- Meet with a positive and supportive friend for coffee
- Eat your breakfast in bed
- Sleep in
- Stretch or do some yoga
- Light a candle, incense or place your favourite essential oil in a burner, pull out a good book and enjoy
- Take a nap
- Give yourself a hug
- Book a holistic health session for yourself – massage, reiki, reflexology…
- Make your favourite snack and watch a movie
- Give yourself a home spa session
- Book some time to spend on your favourite hobby
- Colour, journal, draw or paint
- Eat a meal, mindfully
- Hug a tree or ground/earth yourself
…just a few things to get you started! What ideas do you have for self care?